Appointments & Questions


New Clients Welcome!

Health & Travel Certifications

Our team wants to ensure you and your pet have a smooth and enjoyable traveling experience.

As soon as you know which dates you will be traveling, give us a call so we can help you prepare. If you plan to travel internationally or to a different state, your pet is legally required to obtain a Certificate of Veterinary Inspection by a federally accredited veterinarian. For this reason, planning in advance is essential!

The doctors at Borash Veterinary Clinic are accredited to examine your pet for specific pet travel regulations as mandated by the USDA Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service (APHIS). We will determine if your pet meets four requirements:

  • Healthy enough for travel
  • Disease-free
  • Parasite-free
  • Up-to-date on all necessary vaccinations

Animal health requirements are specific to your travel destination. We strongly urge you to check the USDA pet travel regulations well ahead of time. This will avoid travel delays and inconveniences.

If you are traveling by air, the airline will require a health travel certificate for your pet. In general, this is required within 10 days of your departure date. Today, many airlines will allow pets to travel in the passenger cabin with you. While this is ideal and the safest option for your pet, not all airlines allow this. If your pet needs to travel in the cargo hold, ensure your pet will be in a pressurized area and request Acclimation Certification.

If you have any further questions about traveling with your pet, please don't hesitate to give us a call at 978-531-8713.